CAL HEIGHTS MUSIC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1a. All payments are to be processed via credit card on your Square Invoice. Invoices will be sent out before the start of each new set of 4 lessons. Payment must be received at least 48hours before the lesson start date or lesson will be subject to cancellation. If paying by physical check or cash, check or cash must be provided to Cal Heights Music on the last day of your current set of 4 lessons. If you prefer to save a card on file through Square, an invoice will still be generated each month. If tuition is not manually paid 48hours before the lesson date then we will go ahead and charge your card on file. Saving a card on file is the same as giving us permission to charge your card 48hrs before your scheduled lesson. You may adjust, change, or delete the card on file at any time. Tuition is never prorated for missed lessons. Tuition does not include any retail teaching materials such as books or instruments. ___________
1b. For new students payment must be received within 48 hours before your first “one off” lesson to hold your lesson space. After your “one off” lesson, payment automatically goes to our policy mentioned above in section 1a.___________
CANCELLATIONS AND MAKEUPS
2a. Students must put into writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org any planned missed lessons (ie. vacations, scheduling issues, upcoming planned missed lessons etc). No verbal cancellations told to any teacher or staff will be honored.
2b. Cancellations for same day (sickness etc) must be made by 9am of the morning of the planned lesson via email (email@example.com) and/or phone (562.528.3118). If lesson is scheduled that day before noon, cancellation must be received by 8pm the night before the lesson. Any no shows or lessons cancelled after the cut off times will be forfeited.
2c. Extended absences, if you are going to be gone more than 1 week and missing more than 1 lesson, you must still pay your full 4-set tuition to avoid losing your weekly lesson time and teacher. The school can not “hold” a space for an unpaid student. You will be given time to make-up the “missed” lessons upon your return.
2d. For any lessons missed by a teacher, Cal Heights Music will attempt to provide a substitute teacher. If a substitute teacher is unavailable, a private makeup lesson at a different day and time, with your regular teacher, will be scheduled promptly.
2e. Makeup Lessons- When a lesson is cancelled and meets the above criteria Cal Heights Music will first attempt to reschedule the lesson for another day and time with the same instructor. If the same instructor is unavailable we will provide a substitute. These makeups will take place within 30 days from the cancelled lesson. Any makeup lessons not scheduled within 30 days from the cancelled lessons will be forfeited.___________
2f. Group Lessons- each group lesson is based on a set of 4 lessons. One excused absence may be made up in a group make-up class the end each Semester. Students may choose one scheduled make-up class time to attend. Make-up class dates will be announced and posted. If student can not attend the scheduled group makeup lessons the student’s missed lesson/s will be forfeited. Students can only makeup a total of 2 missed lessons a semester.
2g. “Semesters” are defined as lessons taking place in Winter (Jan, Feb, Mar), Spring (April, May, June) Summer (July, August, September) and Fall (October, November, December). _______
3. To discontinue lessons you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your intent to stop lessons. This must be received 30 days before the last lesson of your current set of lessons. We do not prorate tuition for the last month’s lessons. Students will be responsible for their last month of paid tuition whether or not they attend lessons. ___________
Tuition is based on 4-lesson sets where a lesson occurs once a week over ~4 weeks.___________
Cal Heights Music operates year round and does not close for the summer. We are happy to offer makeups for our students please see our make up policy. If you are taking a month off for vacation and want to resume the following month, your payment is still due at your regular renewal time in order to reserve your lessons space when you return. The lessons for the month you miss can be made up after vacation. There is no way to “hold” a lesson time if you discontinue lessons over the summer. __________
YEARLY REGISTRATION FEE
6. A yearly registration fee of $20/student will be added to the first invoice sent after Jan 1st each year and fee is subject to change. __________
CARE OF STUDENTS
7a. Cal Heights Music is not responsible for providing before or after care for students. Parents with children under the age of eight must remain in the school lobby, or waiting areas during the classes. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time periods before or after their lessons. Siblings not in a lesson must be watched and closely supervised. ________
7b. Families may wait in their child’s lesson classroom or in the lobby area inside the front of Cal Heights Music. No other room may be used including the “big” lesson room. No students, siblings or family members are permitted in any room without a teacher or staff member present. Please enjoy your snacks and beverages outside or in your car. Water, milk and baby formula are welcome inside the school.
OPEN DOOR POLICY
8. Parents are ALWAYS allowed to sit in on lessons. All our classrooms have windows in the doors as well for easy viewing. ___________
9. Parents, legal guardians or minors, students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for injury sustained on school property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students or their siblings or friends before, during, or after lesson time, including hearing loss or hearing damage. We require hearing protection for students entering the drum room. Please practice responsible hearing protection at all time. We have ear plugs for sale at the front desk. Cal Heights Music is not responsible for any damage done to vehicles in our parking lot or items stolen from vehicles. __________
10. Children must wait for their parents to pick them up inside the school. Please do not ask them to meet you elsewhere. Cal Heights Music assumes no responsibility for children who leave unaccompanied. __________
11. By partaking in activities at Cal Heights Music, we may from time to time take photos or video to be used for social media or marketing. We will never disclose a students name or personal information. There is no compensation for these images or videos. __________
HOLIDAYS AND CLOSURES
12. Cal Heights Music will be closed the following holidays and breaks, any lessons scheduled during these times will be pushed to the following week and will not be a lost or missed lesson.
13. Cal Heights Music offers multiple opportunities each year for student’s to perform at a recital. We will hold a recital at the end of Fall, Winter and Spring semesters. There will be no formal recital during Summer semester.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY
14. Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy as to Students: CAL HEIGHTS MUSIC does not discriminate students of any race, color, gender, orientation, national and ethnic origin to the rights, privileges and activities made available to students.